ClearShield High-Light GlassTM
For glass on photovoltaic (PV) for electricity or thermal panels for heating:
- Maintains light transmission
- optimises solar energy transmission
- maintains initial peak watt performance
- increases cumulative watt hours
- Lowers costs, raises revenue
- more cost-effective energy production
- reduces maintenance costs
- faster payback time
- Cleaner is greener
- generation of more green, sustainable energy
- cuts CO2 due to reduced cleaning frequency
- no need for harsh cleaning methods / chemicals
In field trials, ClearShield High-Light GlassTM has been proven to accumulate more watt hours over time compared to standard Anti-Reflective (AR) coated glass, as can be seen in the graph below.
Field tests conducted on vertical solar panels exposed to atmospheric conditions in an urban environment.
ClearShield High-Light GlassTM = Greater solar energy performance with less maintenance.
Staining and discolouration on the glass surface caused by air- and waterborne contaminants will reduce the efficiency and effectiveness of a solar energy installation as less light is absorbed. Research has shown that:
- installations lose up to 4% efficiency in the first month of operation
- contaminated solar panels lose 8% efficiency or more due to dirt and surface damage during the early stage of usage
- contaminated solar panels will only run at best at 80% efficiency during its operational life due to glass contamination and losses
The efficiency of solar panels has a direct link to the light transmission of glass, and therefore the cleanliness of the glass surface. In short, the cleaner the glass, the more effective the solar panel. Thanks to the ClearShield System, glass on installations can be renovated to remove contaminants on the surface. This in turn restores the installation's peak load performance to its original level.
Protection with the ClearShield System resists staining and discolouration, keeping the glass surface cleaner for longer. This optimises light transmission, maximises efficiency and maintains performance for longer, as well as reduces maintenance requirements.